Our Volunteers are the heart and soul of Marlborough RDA and without their dedication our Riding Programmes would be unable to continue.
Interested in becoming a Volunteer?
Marlborough RDA operates Mondays – Fridays: 9am – 3pm and we are always seeking new volunteers to join our friendly team.
Depending on your areas of interests and abilities, there are many different roles and duties that you may like to assist with including: Horse Care, Preparing horses for the RDA sessions, Leading/Side walking and assisting riders during sessions. Maintenance and care of the RDA paddocks, equipment and facilities are also areas we are seeking help in.
Horse Experience is not necessary as full training will be provided, however if horses are not your interest then perhaps you could lend your knowledge and expertise in the following areas: Event Planning, Funding, fundraising, publicity, and committee work.
What we can offer you:
- The reward of being a part of such a special environment,
- The pleasure of working with our clients and being involved in their positive results we see in their lives and in the community.
- The enjoyment of working with horses
- The challenge of learning new skills and knowledge
- The camaraderie of friendly, like-minded people
- The reassurance of training and support
- The opportunity to take your RDA training further with NZQA accreditation to become a Qualified RDA Coach.
In return, we ask that you are:
- Physically fit and healthy (if assisting with clients and horses during sessions) as leading and side walking can at times involve a large amount of walking over uneven ground.
- Willing to attend local Volunteer Training days
- Eager to learn
- Committed and reliable
- Level-headed with a sense of fun!
- Health and Safety conscience
- At least 16 years old
We are always looking for Volunteers so if you can offer any help, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 035783051 or you can reach us via email at: email@example.com or fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!